Thursday, March 15, 2012

The explosion of online exclusive shopping


Every morning when I arrive at work I take a seat at my desk and open my inbox - then BAM! Brandsexclusive, Buy Invite, Oz Sale, Thread People, Bamarang, Group On, Living Social are all screaming at me with 70% off your favourite brands! Exclusive sales! Designer brands for cheap! Daily deals! etc, etc. I admit I'm a sucker for a bargain and yes I have bought the 600 thread count sheets, the rock climbing tickets, the snail farm tours, the blue mountains escapes, the Guess jewellery, the Ladakh dresses. And yes I have definitely saved money and bagged a bargain. BUT I do not need to receive notifications from these deal websites not once but three times a day! I'm now so overwhelmed with bargains that just one look at my inbox makes me anxious (so.....many.....bargains!) and with one quick speed read of the subject to see if any brands spectacularly stand out it's then a quick flick into the trash. These shopping clubs seem to have exploded in popularity over the past couple of years - no thanks to shows like A Current Affair and Today Tonight. And poor old eBay, I feel like I haven't been on my favourite old friend in months! So you're probably thinking why don't I just block/delete/unsubscribe/quit the club on these things? Because maybe, just maybe, there could be a deal so spectacular that I would kick myself if I missed out on it. I love shopping but my bone to pick with these things is that there's just too many and they're too frequent. We're drowning in a sea of bargains and honestly who has the time these days to click through every single sale? It's time to go for a good old fashioned shop me thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...